Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Key

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success." -Herman Cain

After doing some serious soul searching this weekend, I have decided to put the weight loss journey on hold until further notice. I have put some serious thought into all aspects of my life and I know I have to figure some things out before I can focus on other areas in my life. I really have to work on making myself happy first and foremost.

I have to learn that I more than just a wife and a mother. I don't have let my entire life focus on just those two things. Although I love being a mother and being a wife, that's not all I have to be and that's not all I have to do. I have to let myself leave CJ at home with Matt sometimes. I have to make time to have girls nights and time with my sisters. I have to teach myself that is possible to still be a good mother and to get a baby sitter every now and then. I need to learn that my Family can still be my priority even when I am not with them. I don't have to lose who I am just because I've gained a family.

I hope this isn't coming off wrong. I love my boys more than anything... and that's the "problem." I have to love myself just as much as I love them. They can be the center of my world but I have to be the center of my world too.

This week I am going to work on putting my self in first place (even if it's shared with my boys.)
Monday I have a meeting at the community college to get things ready for going in the fall.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are work days this week.
Friday or Saturday night Matt and I will have a date night and the opposite night I think I will have a girls night with my sister.
Sunday is Church :)
Wednesday is completely open!! Maybe I will work on a scrap book or paint my nails...or BOTH!

I am hoping my plans stick!

Wish me luck!
Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment