Thursday, March 24, 2011

Miracles

Hello again. Just a quick follow up on my last post. I did not go to the doctor. I've convinced myself that, for now, I'm fine. It's probably not the "right" thing to do but it's what I need to do for now.

On to what I came here to post about. When I went to bed last night I was down about our current financial situation so I prayed and I prayed HARD. I can honestly say until last night, when it came to praying, I was doing it wrong. Last night I asked, no begged, God to just show me the way. I begged for wisdom and guidance. I asked him to please show me the way to get out of this mess. Then I stayed awake and thought about the Chicken Soup for the Soul: Miracles book I have (I'll get back to this part). Eventually I fell asleep. I woke up this morning and just like I do every morning right after I got dressed and got my things together for work, I got on Facebook. One of the first statuses I read was: "For I know the plans I have for you" Declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. I know God was speaking to me and I heard him loud and clear... For a while. As the day went on two things happened. Before I tell you those things...let me first tell you I am fully aware this is jealousy pure and simple. The first thing that happened was my future sister in law posted something about getting some Vibram Five Fingers. For those of you who don't know, they are some kind of shoe but it gives you a barefoot feeling or something like that. The thing is...My brother and sister in law are struggling just like Matt and I, but we can't even spare enough to get shoes like that. I would love to get a new pair of ANY kind of shoes but I have tennis shoes and flip flops that are in next to perfect condition, so no fancy shoes for me. If I want to feel barefoot, I'll walk around barefoot I suppose. The Second thing is my sister bought a new car. She lives my mom and is also ALWAYS complaining about not having money. I tried really hard not to be angry or jealous but I couldn't help it. I just sat at work and stewed on the fact that we are struggling, truly struggling and here are these two people who claim to be in the same boat yet they can afford extra stuff. My sister told me she needed a new car because hers doesn't have air conditioning. My car doesn't either, the head liner is falling down, it only half way has heat, my seats don't adjust and the list goes on and on. BUT my car runs. It goes where I want it to go and that's all I need it to do. I would love a new car and today I tried to convince myself I needed one...but I don't, couldn't afford one if I did. So I got home sad and depressed. Hubby left work and I got up to make dinner. Here is where the book of miracles comes in. As I lay in bed last night I kept thinking about a story where a couple was struggling and there last gallon of milk lasted for 20 cups instead of 16 or something similar. As I was making dinner I went to the fridge to get the milk. I look at what was left and thought "There is no way this is a cup let alone 1 and 3/4 cup. " I tried anyway thinking that if it wasn't enough I'd make due with what I had. I measured it out half a cup at time and wouldn't you know it, it was exactly 1 and 3/4th cups. Maybe it's a stretch but if you ask me, God was proving a point. I may not have all I want but I have all I need.

PS: I fixed the major spelling errors, hopefully that makes this more readable... I have no clue I spelt Mircales correct in the title but nowhere in the rest of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment