Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome to the new normal

Obviously I have been a bit neglectful (that's probably not a word but I'm gonna use it anyway). This poor blog has just been pushed to the side. I didn't want to come here and announce my failures to the world...so I just ignored it.

Hopefully I will start posting more and actually get the weight off.

I have been pretty proud of myself the past few days. I have walked about 2 miles everyday for the past three days. I must say I am pretty proud of myself. I honestly thought when I started I would only get to the gas station (probably 1/5th of a mile round trip) and I ended up going all the way to the apartments a mile down the road. I just kept pushing myself. My motto has been just one more bench (they have benches set up through out the trail) well today I went 1 more bench further and made it to the grocery store making my trip just over 2 miles!!! It's strange, once I started walking I started to not want the sodas as much. I feel like why do all that damage and just throw my walk away. I will admit I do still have sodas, but I had 2 today and it is "normal" for me to 6 or more. I would say 2 is a definite improvement. I am also sad to say I think I am going through some sort of caffeine withdrawal, the headaches I had today were out of this world but if I keep on eventually that will go away.

Currently I am searching for healthy, yummy recipes. I have a SERIOUS vegetable aversion. I was never made to eat veggies except corn, green beans and peas (although in my adult life I've heard those aren't veggies). Now I have a strange thing about vegetables that has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with texture. When I was younger the only things crunchy I ate were chips and crackers, so the crunch of a carrot stick is just a bit alien to me and honestly makes me gag. I honestly want to be healthy and not just skinny and I know that I will have to eat vegetables so that means finding creative ways to cook them and hide them in recipes.

Anyways I am happy with the direction my new healthier life style is going and I feel like I can stay on this track.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment